Friday, September 30, 2005

Unhappy Cow

Fast forward to August 2005. It had been a year of trouble free computer usage. During that time, I had kept my cow happy by feeding it a new 250 GB secondary hard drive, as well as an extra gig of RAM. Then, one day, for no reason in particular, the system shut itself down and when it rebooted, it ran a CHKDSK and came up with all kinds of fun error messages about bad sectors. When it rebooted, I ran a couple backups as soon as possible. One week later, I came home to a nice, polite message. Insert cussing and screaming here.

This computer is not even two years old yet, and it has corrupted four hard drives. Yet, Gateway sees nothing wrong with this. They insist that I’ve just had a bad run of luck with my hard drives. Whatever. Truthfully, I don’t care if I’ve just had bad luck or if there is a bad controller, or cable or demon living inside that case. I just don’t care. This thing has been cursed from day one and I just want to return it to the company that spawned it. I wish I could just sprinkle holy water on it and be done with it.

On September 20th, I sent Gateway a letter basically demanding that they issue me a full refund or provide me with a new (not refurbished) computer of value equal to the original purchase price of mine. So far, they haven’t responded.

On September 28th, I filed a formal complaint with the California Bureau of Electronic and Appliance Repair. I will have retribution. Some way, some how, I will have it.

1 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger janeane said...

did you every get any response, i am havingime a difficult time with a gateway laptop, if i had the money to get a new one it sure wouldnt be a gateway and i would take that stupid cow and run it over with a truck. any contact info you have would be greatly appreciated. I am filing a report with the BBB, calling my attorney, anything I can do, this will be resolved, I am furious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home