Friday, September 30, 2005

Deja Vu

I was so happy. It was mid-October, 2003, the weather was beautiful and my new computer was awesome! It was a 700 XL with all the bells and whistles, among them, a humongous 160 GB SATA hard drive. I could now edit video and pictures and not worry a lick about running out of space. Life was good.

One spring morning back in March, 2004, I woke up to a frozen computer. I wasn’t terribly concerned and restarted the computer. That’s when I got polite little message that said “We’re sorry for the inconvenience, but Windows failed to start properly…” Now, isn’t that lovely? I tried every option they gave me for a restart in safe mode with and without networking, but I kept seeing the same message over and over. So I called the 1-800 people for the very first time in 6 months. They made me run a little program called GWSCAN to see how the hard drive checked out. It checked out, OK. It was down for the count. “Too many errors, call Technical Support.” Grrr. So, the 1-800 people said they would send me a new hard drive. Spiffy. Everything was gone. Three to five business days later, my new hard drive arrived.

So, my husband and I replaced the hard drive and I went about reloading all of my programs. It was déjà vu all over again. I swear, I have nightmares about polite messages and installing Windows. Anyway, eventually, I had a working computer again.
This was short lived.

1 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Zach said...

Thanks for your blog please visit and link to mine!

http://dontbuygateway.blogspot.com/hth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home